Sunday, December 15, 2013

2013 is almost over!




This year has really flown by! I can't believe the year will be coming to a close in a little over 2 weeks! So much has gone on this year, so much growth, and so many blessings. I'm excited to see what's in store for me in 2014!! Don't worry, this is not one of those "new year, new me" posts that many people enjoy ranting about when a new year is coming. This is just a simple reflective post to acknowledge that another year is coming and I have some great expectations for the new year!

I will say I'm super excited about 2014, but I'm also very, very nervous about some of my plans for the new year. I'm trying to remain calm, and seriously rely on God to direct and order my steps, but the human in me certainly gets a little overwhelmed at times. Of course the biggest struggle is understanding what's in God's will and following that instead of choosing my own path and trying to make that work.  However, change is good and it's also a great way to exercise your faith because the unknown can be very frightening. 

I've already chosen at least one news years resolution which I think I can keep up for the year which is: under any circumstance, I will not complain. I have realized over the past couple of years just how blessed I am and how much God has done for me and complaining is such an insult to those blessings. I am reminded of this just about every day.  Complaining doesn't change the circumstance and it usually really does take a wear and tear on your own spirit. With that being said, I'm going to remember to count my blessings and pray about things more that concern me instead of verbally complaining. 

This is the last week of work until the wonderful 2 week Christmas vacay begins!! I'm really looking forward to having the time off to spend with family and friends!  My girl frans back home and I are having a little cocktail Christmas party next week that I'm really looking forward to! I'm hoping we'll be able to do this every year and start some traditions. 

So what are your plans for the holidays? Are you looking forward to the new year? If so, what kind of things are you looking forward to?


No comments:

Post a Comment