Monday, December 30, 2013

Plan-less...for NYE

New Year's Eve is tomorrow and I have absolutely no plans! 


Originally, I was supposed to babysit for a friend who has a babysitting agency, but I got a text and follow up e-mail today saying the parents cancelled. 

I need Kristy to give me a great idea for some plans for NYE!!! Please and thanks, ma'am!!


I was kind of reluctant about agreeing to babysit on such a festive holiday, but my options before agreeing were: go to church or stay in and watch the ball drop on t.v. I used to go to church every year since like 1998, so that wouldn't have been a weak choice, except I'm in another city right now and am not sure which church I should go to.  Thus the plans for just staying home and watching the ball drop came into play.  My friend Portia got word that I didn't really have plans for NYE, so she hit me up and asked me if I would babysit. That's how I got there....

After getting the word this morning that the parents cancelled, I have been contemplating what to do now. I really don't feel like going out to a party, but I don't necessarily want to stay home by myself.  My sister and her husband are going to a hotel party and staying overnight. Cost for tickets were too rich for my blood and I'm sure they don't want me tagging along in their room after the clock strikes midnight. 

Yeah....I just can't be that girl!
I've got a little over 24 hours to decide, but I have a really strong feeling that I'll be at home (with Blanche, my dog) cuddle up on the couch....ringing in 2014. I guess I need to just be ok with that. I suppose I could make it fun....hell I'm going to have to make it fun!!

I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes. In the mean time, anyone have any suggestions on what I can do in the DMV area??





No comments:

Post a Comment