Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It's been a long time!

Hello everyone!!! It's been such a long time since my last post! I've had some pretty blog worthy things going on, I just haven't taken the time to sit down and blog about it. Today is a "snow" day so I'm off from work so I figured it'd be a perfect opportunity to catch up with you guys!

First things first, since the last time I blogged I have become a mom!!!! Not a mom to a human, but to a new doggie!!! I was never really a "dog person", but I had to stop by the local SPCA to drop off a donation back in November and I spotted this amazing dog that I just had to take home with me! I decided to name her Blanche! Some people love the name and some are like "why did you pick that name!?" Well I've always thought the name Blanche was rather cool, but I wouldn't name a child that, so a dog was the next best thing. Besides, Blanche means "white" in French, and well....she's a white dog so PERFECT!!! It's so fitting of her personality! She's like a little old lady!! Her middle name is Beatrice which means "bringer of joy" and both of my grandmother's were named Beatrice (maternal grandma's middle name, paternal grandma's first name).  So there you have it for the name!

She's a white Boxer mix. I'm not sure what she's mixed with, but I've heard pit bull or bull dog from several people. It doesn't really matter, she's the best dog ever!!! Having her has completely changed my life which is completely what pets do! I never knew that I could care for a pet as much as I care for her. 

I'm thankful that I found her, she's truly a blessing!

In other news, I'm ashamed to say that I have found myself slacking off on taking care of myself in the sense of working out. Since having Blanche on board, I haven't been going to the gym as much as I used to. My diet has also fallen off the wayside (sad to admit, but it's true).  The most consistent exercise I have gotten in the past month has been the 20 minute walks in the morning and afternoons that I take Blanche on.  I suppose that's better than nothing at all, but with the poor diet and lack of getting my heart rate up on a regular basis, I forsee weight gain continuing to pile on. Ain't nobody got time for FAT so I really need to get myself together and make some changes!!  Diet is truly the most important thing so I really need to get on it with cleaning that up.

On to the next topic! The holidays are coming up and I'm so not ready!!! I have only did a little bit of shopping for my goddaughter, but other than that, I got nothing. I know it's time to buckle down and at least get some stuff online because Christmas is in 2 weeks!!! EEEKKKKK!!!!! One of the biggest problems is not knowing what to get my friends/family! I need some ideas, but I want to do thoughtful gifts that are unique. Might not have time for that this year though. Either way, I better hurry!!!

Everyone have a great day and if you're experiencing the Winter Wonderland that was forecasted to hit VA, be safe out there!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment