Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer training

It's been a while since I posted about how my 1/2 marathon training is going.  Well I suppose it's been a while since I posted anything in general. I'm trying to get myself back on here to post more frequently...promise! I just got on my Bih yesterday about the fact that she has yet to post anything in a while on her blog.  I suppose I need to get myself together as well. -_-

Ok so since I'm off in the summer, I'm now able to attend Bootcamp at my gym on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Class starts at 6:30am so I peel out of bed around 5:30am to wake myself up and get there. I've attended two classes thus far and I'm really glad that I've committed to doing this. Every time I run, I can feel it in my glutes! Having strong glutes is so important while running and doing strength training a few times a week in addition to running ensures that I get my strength up.

I have decided to alternate between running and strength training throughout the week.  Every other day. Today is a run day.  I planned to get up really early and go out before it got too hot, but I am still in the house...blogging...just finished breakfast and now it must digest.  I'm going to go for 8 miles today.  The furthest I've ran was 10.21 miles thus far.  My race is in approximately 11 1/2 weeks. OMG that's so close!!!! I have to get focused and be sure that I don't slack off! It's GO time baby!!!

My miles range from 10 minutes to 11:30 minutes per mile. I'm ok with that because I truly am giving it all that I have. I found a new route to run on Monday and it completely kicked my butt!!!!!! It was a 4 mile run, but there were so many hills and it was super hot outside!! I was purely exhausted by the time I got home. I self-motivated myself the entire way encouraging myself not to walk no matter what! I was really proud of myself when I made it back home. It wasn't easy at all, but I did it! I also decided I would run that course once/week in order to train through those hills.  Races aren't always going to be flat so I have to be prepared for anything...including a super hilly area.

I took this picture of myself when I got home and made this little "ad" to encourage myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment