Sunday, June 2, 2013

Missing in Action

There was a time when I made time to blog every day! I was so committed to this thing and couldn't wait to get to a quiet, calm place at home and just write out everything that had been going on with me! I've fallen off the wagon and promised myself I'd get back on this summer since I'd have more time on my hands.

So what's been going on with me lately you may ask?

I'm still training for the 1/2 marathon in September and trying to increase my running days and alternate between strength training and running every other day throughout the week.  One or two days for rest depending on how I feel and what's going on.  I've been doing pretty well with making time to run even if it's a quick 3 mile run before work in the morning.  With temps rising into the low 90s lately, I've had to make adjustments on when I get outside to run.  I really don't want to be out there mid day almost having a heat stroke because it's unbearably hot outside.  Once school lets out in a week and a half, I plan to get up really early when the sun is just coming up and doing my runs.  I'll have more time to run longer than 3 miles and won't have to rush to get back home and get ready for work.

One thing that has changed and really needs to get back on schedule is my diet!!! OMG you'd be so uninspired if you knew how I've been over here trippin!!! I have to constantly remind myself that yes, I'm human and I give in to things I shouldn't, but it's getting ridiculous! I know I have to get back to keeping my diet clean because that plays such a large role in how well I feel especially with all this running.  I started falling off the wagon around Easter and am just continuing to go down since then. But, I plan to get my life and get back on track once and for all!! Play time is over!

Back in April, I reconnected with my dad (a very strained relationship over the years) and decided to let the past be the past.  Something came over me to just move forward and forgive him for all the missed time and all the things that I felt he had done wrong. I was very nervous about putting myself out there and initiating contact with him after all this time, but the meeting went well and afterwards, I decided that I would call him and check on him at least once/week.  Most of the calling and contacting is initiated by me, but I'm not looking for anything from him, other than to just honor him as my father as God would want me to do.  About 2 months have gone by and things are still going well.  We talk about once/week and it's nice to just catch up.  We talk a lot about finances and business.  Since dad is a business owner, I like to ask him about his business and how he handles his finances and let him shed some insight on some things I could be doing that could be beneficial.  He always keeps it real and tells it to me straight and I appreciate that.  He works very hard even at 71 and has everything he needs and wants. I know one thing's for sure, I didn't get a strong work ethic from him. I barely like working one job! He really doesn't have to work as hard as he does, but hey...whatever makes him happy.

So there you have it, a pinch of an update on what's going on with me.  Not too much, but I'm going to try to really get back to staying committed to blogging.  I miss it! We make time for what we want to make time for and it's time for me to start making time! :)

I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready to have an awesome week!! I'm claiming it for myself and am ready to finish up these last 1 1/2 weeks of the school year!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really happy for you and your reconnection with your dad. That is really big and I'm sure it wasn't easy. Honoring your parents is what God wants, but it's hard to do especially when there's a lot of hurt to conquer. I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete