Friday, April 26, 2013

Sweat Envy and running

Today marked day 6 of going to Bikram. The past two days that I've went, class has seemed a lot easier than it's ever been. When I say easy, I mean dealing with the heat. The last two classes haven't seemed as hot as the first three. Perhaps my body is really getting used to the environment, but I'm not 100% sure.

During today's class, I noticed that I wasn't sweating nearly as much as I have before. It was also kind of bothering me because I felt like I wasn't working hard enough or something. I love a great sweat session when I'm doing any form of exercise because it makes me feel like I've accomplished great things.

I glanced over at a gentleman in the class who was perspiring profusely!! 
                              
The girl next to me was dripping as well! I instantly got "sweat envy" because I just wasn't sweating enough. I will say that I must not underestimate the power of a yoga class though. After Wednesday's class, I didn't feel like I was working super hard, but Thursday morning, I felt sore. I'm sure I'll feel the same effect tomorrow morning (well I better).  Sore is good so it doesn't bother me.

My last day of my unlimited spree with Bikram ends on May 13th. After that date, I will be getting back in the gym to do more strength training and really focusing on running.  I ran 4 miles yesterday and did some Fartlek training and I'll probably do a 6 mile run on Sunday after church.

I'm really happy with my progress with the running. Last Saturday, I ran 3 miles and my pace was 9.20 minutes per mile!!! That's totally a personal record for me!! I find running to be easier for me now especially with my breathing.  I feel a little pain in my glutes sometimes and sometimes I get the "lead" leg syndrome, but overall, I'm proud of how far I've come!

No comments:

Post a Comment