Monday, July 1, 2013

Happenings in July

Wake up, wake up, wake up....it's the first of the moooooonttthhh!!!! 
July 1 to be exact (bittersweet)!! Summer is cruising on by (ahhhh I have like only 6 weeks left...boo).  So what does this mean for me? It means every weekend this month, there will be some pretty awesome happenings going on in my life!! 


1st up on the social calendar is the nuptials of my homegirl Dionne and her soon-to-be husband Brian!

photographer: Eunique Gibson

I've known Dionne since 2005 and I'm so excited for her!! Her wedding will be in Richmond, VA on July 6th! I'm expecting a turnt-up good time from the Wheeler-Henderson gang! This will be my 2nd wedding of the year (with 2 more to go for 2013). I love going to weddings! And I am friends with tons of love birds because I've been to like 20 thus far! 

Next up is Delta Sigma Theta, Sorority Inc's 100th Anniversary Centennial Celebration in DC!
Dear residents of the DMV area:
Prepare for the Deltas to TAKE OVER your city!!!
This is a huge event that will be held in the city that our sorority was founded in (on the campus of Howard University).  There will be thousands of sorors in the area and there will be tons of things to do! Basically another turnt-up good time! 

Aside from the Centennial, I'm super pumped to say that I'll be taking my first boxing class on Saturday, July 13th at a gym in Rockville, MD!!  Afterwards we'll be grabbing some lunch probably at the Rockville Towne Center, then I'll be heading back to DC for more sorority activities! 

July 20th is another very special day that will have me crying, snotting, and carrying on like a weeping willow...I'm quite sure! It's the day my best friend since 9th grade, Valena will be getting married!!!!

photographer: Derrel Todd

 Now I usually cry at most weddings, but this one right here...oh I know it's going to be a waterworks production! Why you may ask!? Well like I said, Valena and I have been friends since 9th grade and we've been there for each other for all the many different shenanigans with men and all the ups and downs in between. And now, finally, God says it's time for Valena to meet her special one that He has kept for her and she is GETTING MARRIED!!! I couldn't be more happier for my friend! I really like her husband-to-be for her and I wish them many, many years of happiness and love in the years to come!






And for the final weekend in July.....BEYONCE CONCERT: CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA!!!


I can't believe I'm going to a BEYONCE concert!!! I'm going with my best friend Jaime, and we're meeting my sister and her husband in Charlotte for the show! I'm anticipating a really good time and lots of dancing!!! I here Bey sure does know how to put on a good show so come on Mrs. Carter....show us what you workin with!!!! 

And for every other day in between these events, I'll be sitting at home trying to stay disciplined to not spend any other money including eating red beans and rice because July is truly going to be one for the BOOKS!!!! 


What are your plans for the month of July?

No comments:

Post a Comment