Monday, July 8, 2013

The Vow

Yesterday while I was at church, I got to thinking about my mother. I started thinking about how much I missed her and how much I wish she was here with me. I started going through different phases of the grief cycle while I sat there and listened to the choir sing a rendition of Tasha Cobb's Break Every Chain.  I believe I had heard this song before, but I wasn't 100% sure.  I had high expectations for it as the interlude played when my best friend, Jaime and her sister both exclaimed "this is my SONG"!!  As the soloist began to sing, I instantly fell in love with the song.

Either way, as I listened and thought about Bubbies, I thought about making a vow to myself to live the best life I could. A vow to live a healthy lifestyle. To eat right and exercise for the rest of my life. To appreciate the small joys in life.  To pray through anxiety instead of letting worry completely wreck my brain. To rely fully on God to guide me through life. To not only just say I'll trust Him, but to actively trust Him!

Although our world is really messed up and there are so many bad things going on, I vow to be a positive force in this life.  With everyone I come in contact with, I vow to let my light shine and do my best to make the world a better place.

Right now I'm reading a book called How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.  I was a tad reluctant to read it initially because I don't feel like I need to win anymore friends. I also think I'm doing ok in the department of influencing people. A friend of mine chose the book as his pick. We take turns choosing books and don't complain about what the other has chosen.  Anyway, after reading one chapter, my interest has officially been piqued. The first chapter basically talks about not judging people or criticizing them.  It encourages you to try to understand where someone is coming from before you form any type of opinion regarding their circumstance or their character. I thought I was a rather empathetic person before, but now I feel like I have a new outlook on empathy and understanding other human beings.

I reflected this morning about how thankful I am for the person I have become. How God really has turned my life around for the best. I am amazed and in awe on a regular basis because life has been so much better for me despite things that I thought would completely tear me apart and ruin me.

So here I stand. I vow to live my best life! I'm doing this for myself, for my unborn children, and unborn grandchildren.  I'm mainly doing this for God, who intends for me to live the life He has given me to the fullest!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE! I am so proud of you Ashley, really! You have really invested in your heart, mind, body, and soul and I just so proud of the positive life your are living. I know your mother would be so proud. It takes strength and courage to overcome adversity and pure grace to do it in the way that you have. You are an avid supporter of all you love and I know whatever God has in store is going to be great. I don't see you enough and I don't say it enough but I am just so proud to call you "friend"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jac!! Your continued support means so much to me! You're a great friend and there is so much of who I am now that I can attribute to the friendship I have with you! UOENO it!!! LOL

      Delete