Monday, July 29, 2013

The Mrs. Carter Tour aka the highlight of my summer!!!!

Summer vacation is rapidly dwindling down for me! I have 2 weeks from today before I go back to work for the 2013-2014 school year. I must admit, I have had a phenomenal summer!

Before summer began, I was asked by coworkers "what are you doing this summer? Are you traveling anywhere?" My response was "ehh I've got a few things planned, but I'm not doing any serious traveling." I wasn't too confident that I was going to have an amazing summer, even though the events I knew I was going to attend were exciting to me. I suppose not having a vacation in another country planned kept me from fully feeling like this was going to be a summer for the proverbial "books".  

This past Saturday, I was blessed with the opportunity to travel down to Charlotte, North Carolina with my best friend Jaime to see Beyonce in concert!! Jaime convinced me back in February when the tickets went on sale that we should go. With a limited mind, I reluctantly agreed to seek out getting tickets because I was convinced that the tickets would be way too expensive, or damn near impossible to obtain.  Jaime excitedly assured me that we could get tickets and that we should totally go because this is BEYONCE!! 



At the time, I liked Beyonce and respected her as an artist, but she wasn't someone I would classify as my all time "favorite".  Now don't get me wrong, I love her music! I have always liked a plethora of her songs and she can dance her tail off!! I give her credit for that! I just was thinking, umm...I don't really care to spend a lot of money on a concert.  With enough convincing, Jaime and I purchased tickets and patiently waited until July 27th.  

After watching Beyonce's documentary on HBO Life is but a dream, I gained a higher level of respect and admiration for her.  I was even more excited now about seeing her in concert! It also helped get me revved up as other friends of mine had gone to a concert in different parts of the country during this tour and they shared their excitement and stamp of approval of a job well done! 

Jaime and I arrived in Charlotte and met my sister, Ange and her husband, Chika.  We went out to lunch when we arrived and hit the mall to get some final additions to our outfits for the show. We then headed back to the hotel to get dressed. By this time, I was bursting with excitement and couldn't wait to get to the arena! We got there a little late, so we missed the opening act, but that was alright with me. We got there just in time to find out seats and relax before Bey took the stage! 



As soon as she got on, THE CROWD WENT WILD!!!! Of course we did!!! And she put on a hell of a show!!!! She looked amazing and boy can she MOVE!!! It's a true talent to be able to sing AND dance in HIGH HEELS without sounding like you're going to pass out! In between costume changes and set changes, the audience was entertained with video clips and graphic effects. It was definitely an explosive show and I can confidently say it was the best concert I've ever been to!!! 


One of the most inspiring aspects of the concert was a video clip that was played.  I was lucky enough to find it on YouTube to share with all of you! I hope it inspires you too!! 

 

Hats off Mrs. Carter!! You did your thang girl!!!! I hope to see her again in concert!! It was definitely worth every penny!!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment