Sunday, September 1, 2013

2 weeks until race day

I am officially in the last stretch of my half marathon training! Last weekend, I ran 13.12 miles for the very first time in my life!!! My training scheduled advised that I run 13.5 miles, but that 13.1 is all that it will take for the actual half so there you have it! I did it! The whole time I was running, I chanted a mantra in my head that goes like this "If you say you can't, you won't. If you say you can, you will".  And guess what...I DID!!

I am so proud of myself because I remember the day I nervously registered for this half marathon. Yes, I considered myself to be out of my mind and was taking a huge RISK! I had never ran more than 6 miles in one setting in my life and I never considered myself to be a "runner".  My sister along with my friend Bih on the other hand were true runners. They expressed a passion for it and had ran several races before.

I have developed a deeper appreciation for the sport mainly because I am so proud of what I'm doing. So many people put limitations on what they can do when they say "oh I can't even run around the block".  But you'd be surprised what you can do when you truly set your mind to it.

I'm looking forward to running and completing this race because it signifies that when you set a goal in your life and truly work hard, it can be achieved. I'll keep you all posted on how it goes after it's all said and done!

Wish me luck!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment