Sunday, September 29, 2013

Falling into Fall


Fall is here and it's actually becoming one of my favorite seasons! I'm hands down a summer kinda girl because I love the culture of summer, but fall is running a close second! I'm falling in love with the mild temperatures, boots, tights, scarves, pumpkin and apple flavored foods, the sporting events, the holidays, and the beauty of nature during this time of the year! 

About 2 years ago, I started to really marvel at all that fall had to offer. I usually just disregarded it because I was so bummed that summer was over, but now I stop and just enjoy all that comes along with this amazing season!

With new seasons comes new wardrobes! Due to weight loss, I decided to go out and get a few items because a lot of the stuff I was wearing last year around this time are now too big. Today I did some bargain shopping and snagged: a blazer, 3 shirts, a pair of skinnies, one pair of printed leggings, and a pair of boots all for about $80.00! I set a budget for myself and was way under after today's shopping extravaganza!!

I am also putting myself on a time out from buying any clothing that involves working out or going to work/church.  Let me explain! Lately, every time I go shopping, I have found myself buying more and more workout clothes and/or clothes that are  mainly appropriate for going to work or church.  When it's time for me to go out to something casual like dinner/drinks with friends, or some other social event, I'm stuck with looking like Workout Wanda or Conservative Connie.  I find it very difficult to try to find something to wear and end up having to go out and buy something.  Well I don't have to buy, but I do. 

There are a few things I want to get to set the season off, but I can definitely wait until fall is turning into winter and when stores put more items on sale! I love shopping "off season"! Deals and steals is my way to go about shopping on a budget! 

Happenings on my social calendar for October
1. VT's homecoming
2. Jaime's engagement party
3. Landy's wedding

What do you like best about fall? Is this one of your seasons as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment