Monday, September 30, 2013

Closet Purge

Since the seasons are changing, it's time to make some changes around my house as well! Hi, my name is Ashley and I have inherited the habit of being a "pack rat".  Blame my mother! Then again, when I have gone to visit my dad, he might be just as guilty by the looks of his shop and all the things that have accumulated over the years.

Any way, I'm notorious for holding on to things for YEARS!!! This morning I decided to do a purge in my closet and really get rid of stuff that I haven't worn in forever and probably never will! I have been doing really good at donating things to a friend of mine who works with me, but I know I could do better. 

This morning, I went through my closet and just started pulling things out that had to go! I also went into another room of my house and gathered all the things that I planned on taking to Good Will, but they are still sitting in my house.

It's very freeing to get rid of all the clutter and I'm really trying to get better at not holding on to things. I don't want my kids to pick up this habit so I might as well break it now! :)


Doesn't really look like much, but there's a lot more where that came from!

How often do you purge your closet? I'm going to try to do this at least twice a year! Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment