Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sunday Funday?

Today I experienced a little "fun" envy as I surfed through my social networking sites.  Still recovering from this sickness, I stayed in bed all day trying to rest up before work tomorrow.  
 
Everyone is soooooo excited about football season starting back up which further elicited several "Sunday Funday" posts! I do enjoy seeing all the fun that everyone's having, but it did make me feel a little lonely and isolated today. Uggghhhh these feelings of mine are all out of whack! It got so bad, that I started thinking about moving to another city because I felt like life here in my current location is secluded and blah. Then it dawned on me the problem is where I actually live. I truly do live away from everything and I'm seriously toying with the idea of either selling my house and moving back into the city or just renting it and moving back into the city.  Then there comes the idea of what am I going to do with all this stuff I've accumulated that fits nicely into a 3 bedroom townhouse, that wouldn't fit into a one bedroom apartment. I mean I really do like living in this area and have made some really good friends, but living almost 20 miles away from the action totally puts a damper on having a thriving social life.  

Had I not fallen ill to this dreadful cold, I originally planned to go to church this morning then head over to a friend of mine's family cookout to celebrate her and her mother's birthday.  If you know me, you know I love a good cookout with lots of food and people to fellowship with! I was totally bummed that I made the decision not to attend because I figured I needed to take full advantage of this day off to rest up and be fully healed for the upcoming week. 

Good news is that I discovered last night that the recommended dose of Mucinex D is two tablets instead of one, so I took that last night before bed along with two Advil's for the sinus pressure pain I was experiencing.  Last night was an amazing sleep and I woke up feeling good! The cough is still here (but it doesn't hurt) and the sinus pressure is still hanging around (but not too painful). I'm thankful that I truly am feeling better.  

My hair looks like "who shot John? And why?", yet my leopard print night gown is making me feel a tad bit fabulous. Hey, sometimes it's the little things that can make you feel sexy even when you really look like hell! 

On a lighter, less depressed note....I've started brewing up some ideas for my 30th birthday!!! It's in about 5 months and I really want to travel somewhere! I'm thinking of Phoenix!! I called my sister today to see if she'd be game to go with, but she has to figure some things out first before she can truly commit.  Hopefully things will work in my favor and I'll be hopping on a plane to a fun destination to ring in the next decade of my life! 

How was your Sunday? Have a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment