Saturday, September 7, 2013

One week until the 1/2

......and I'm sick!!!!!



Freaking GREAT!!! I so planned to do a long run today after a babysitting gig and the weather was absolutely perfect for it all!

This all started on Friday morning.  I woke up and wasn't feeling right, but figured I'd just shake it off. As the day went on, I progressively got worse! Today, I feel like a ton of bricks have hit me in the face....sinus pressure, running nose, cough, etc.

I'm taking some meds and the advice of many to get plenty of rest and to drink plenty of fluids. The only problem with the rest and the fluids is the frequent visits to the bathroom....BLAH! Kinda makes it hard to get some uninterrupted rest when you're up and down to the potty.

I'm hoping and praying for a full recovery by mid week. I'm taking it easy this weekend and just made a pot of homemade chicken noodle soup.  We'll see how this goes.

Hopefully I'll be able to be well enough to get another run in before the half, but I'm not going to push it. Things happen, and I've trained hard. I'm going to give it my all next weekend and hope for the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment