Monday, February 18, 2013

6 week check-in

I've been making strides towards a healthier lifestyle for about 6 weeks now! One thing I've noticed is that so many others are still going strong with a healthier lifestyle as well!!! Could it be that 2013 is the year for us all to set fitness goals, eat healthy, and stick to it??  I am loving all of the support that I'm getting from my readers, my friends and family, and FB and IG friends!! You guys truly keep me motivated and inspired as I motivate and inspire you!

When I was at work today, I found a picture of myself on my computer from a school event in November. OMG talk about "this can't be life"!! My face was so round, it looked like a perfect circle! I'll have to e-mail the picture to myself and be sure to do some before and after pictures on here for you guys.

I don't know about y'all, but I love progress pics! I feel like it really gets people inspired because if that person can do it, I can do it too. When real people show you how they're coming along and how they are making changes for the better, it makes you see that weight loss and being healthy is truly an attainable goal!!  My coworker gave me a pair of shorts back in December that were absolutely too small for me. She told me to keep them and let them be my "goal" shorts! I'm proud to say they finally fit! I'll post pics of them this weekend (I plan to wear them out to celebrate my 29th birthday)!!

I've got a pretty busy week this week with work and some obligations after work, but I'm still getting it in with a workout and eating clean! I did my meal prep yesterday which is so essential especially when you know you're going to have a busy week!! That's one less thing you have to worry about when you prepare your meals ahead of time. I also have planned out when I'm going to workout since I know I have things going on after work all this week. It's always safe to keep your gym bag in your car for those just in case moments!

Today I had a babysitting job after work, but I brought my gym bag along with me even though I wasn't sure that I would have enough time to squeeze in a workout. To my pleasant surprise, I had plenty of time! I was really glad that I went to the gym because I was able to accomplish something that I had been working on! A girl I follow on Instagram posted a pic of her doing some ab work on a Bosu ball.  Here she is looking amazing and making this challenging move look easy.  She also has an amazing YouTube channel that I recommend you all checking out! She shares exercises she's doing, healthy snacks, shakes, meals, etc. Here's a link to her channel GETBODIEDBYJ.





The first time I did this, I rolled right off that Bosu ball like a fool!!! I was so embarrassed, but I was also determined to work towards accomplishing it. A trainer that I follow on Instagram suggested to me that I try to perfect the move on the ground or a flat bench first.  I've been doing some work with sit-ups and this move on the flat bench for the past couple of days to strengthen my core. Today, I tried the move again and I did it!!! I did 3 reps of it to be matter of fact!! I am so proud of myself and am ready to try it again tomorrow!!! Setting fitness goals gives us all something to work towards which makes working out fun and exciting! When you accomplish one, set another!! Watch yourself get stronger and stronger and accomplish things you never though you would ever be capable of doing!!

Let me know how things have been going for you! If you want to chat with me about tips for healthy eating or working out, e-mail me at road2bfit@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment