Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Workout and Worship Wednesday 2/27/13

Hello everyone!! I've been super busy since my last post, but I made it a point to be sure that I made enough time to sit down and do my Workout and Worship post today!! I have so much to share with you guys regarding other topics and can't wait to be able to sit down and get all this stuff out there for you!! I will do several updates probably this weekend when I have some down time so stay tuned for more to come!!

Ok now on to the regularly scheduled program! It's mid week and we're back at it again with W&WW!!! I hope this has been a blessing to you all! Have you been doing the workouts? I'm hoping the scriptures and songs of worship have ministered to your soul as well!

Let's get on with the scriptures. I have three for you today (yes, 3)!! Last night I was catching up with my Lenten guide (ahhh so behind on everything over here), and came across 1 Peter 5:10.  The guide suggested we read 1 Peter 5:8-9, but I read on and verse 10 caught my eye.  It reads: "But God shows undeserved kindness to everyone. That's why he appointed Christ Jesus to choose you to share in his eternal glory. You will suffer for a while, but God will make you complete, steady, strong, and firm".  After reading that, I remembered James 1:2-4 and felt like it was a great additional passage to go along with 1 Peter 5:10.  James 1:2-4 reads "my brothers and sisters, you will face all kinds of trouble. When you do, think of it as pure joy. Your faith will be put to the test. You know that when that happens it will produce in you the strength to continue. The strength to keep going must be allowed to finish its work. Then you will be all you should be. You will have everything you need".  And to tie all of this together, let's go to Joshua 1:9 which reads "I’ve commanded you to be strong and brave. Don’t ever be afraid or discouraged! I am the Lordyour God, and I will be there to help you wherever you go."

This whole weight loss, eating right, being more physically fit journey is tough and there are times that you want to give up, or you face some hard times, but just keep going!!! These verses can also be applied to any other area of your life that you find yourself in a between a rock and a hard place.  God is there with you to help you.  Have faith! These times are the times that truly strengthen and mature us as we grow in Christ! 

Today's song is one of my favorites and it always gets me in a pumped mood!!! It's You Are Good by Israel & New Breed. This group is phenomenal and sure do know how to jam while praising the Lord!! 

Today's workout is going to focus on your entire body!! We're getting way too close to summer and a full body workout is indeed necessary! Even if you feel like certain parts of your body look good enough, keep working on it! Don't neglect any part of your body while working out. You can't spot train a particular section of your body.  You get better results when you work the whole thing out!! Warm up with a jogging in place, jumping jacks, dynamic static stretches, etc if you can't get to the gym or if you can, take a quick jog on the treadmill for about 5 minutes to get your body warmed! And don't forget your cool down stretch!! Full Body Workout.  See if you can complete this circuit at least 3 times before the next week! 

Have an awesome and amazing day!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment