Sunday, February 3, 2013

I surrender all

Today I made the decision to finally join a church in the town that I live in. I have lived here for almost 3 years and it had been tugging on my heart to get serious about finding a place to worship and call home.

In 2012, one of my new years resolutions was to find a church home in my town.  Although I had set this to be a goal/resolution of mine for the year, I really didn't have my heart 100% in this goal.  It was an interest of mine, but I found out very soon that I didn't commit to this task at all.  I tried out a few churches then got frustrated because I didn't feel like I was being spiritually fed.  I took recommendations from coworkers, friends who are from this area, and just stumbled across a few on my own and still, I remained unmoved.  

Towards the end of 2012, I looked back over my resolutions and my vision board that I had put together in the beginning of the year to evaluate my progress.  "Finding a church" was written down and staring at me. This was an item that had yet to be checked off the list. 

It's now February 2013 and I still hadn't made a decision to join a church.  What was I waiting for? I wanted to get involved in a ministry and really let God use me to be a blessing to others! This morning, I went to a  church that I have visited in the past and really liked. I finally stepped out into that aisle and joined!! It was a very exciting experience for me! The message was right on time with me making my decision.  It talked about Noah and how he was obedient to God. He did exactly what God told him to do.  God has been speaking to me for some time about joining a church and I have ignored it...brushed it off even. I also made the choice to be baptized today.  I am so excited about what God is doing in my life! I get so emotional just thinking about how far I've come, how much my life has changed for the better and how much better it will be for the rest of my life!! 

As I stood in front of the congregation, the minister said "I pray that you will be a blessing to us as we bless you".  I knew I had made the right decision because that is just what I pray about constantly...being a blessing to others! I am overjoyed right now and feel like I am Cloud 9!!!!

This is a rebirth for me!!! I don't take this experience lightly and am ready to continue committing my life to Christ while being used as a vessel of blessing to others! 

No comments:

Post a Comment