Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A few updates

For the past 7 days, I have been shut off from all media.  No tv and no music. Now I'm not a big tv watcher so that definitely was not even a struggle for me. I go without television on a regular basis and I'm cool with that. As I mentioned before, no music was not so easy!!! On Saturday, I was doing some cleaning around the house and was going crazy because I couldn't listen to music!!! I had a song in my head and really wanted to listen to it so I decided because it was gospel, it wouldn't hurt to listen for just a second.  I felt bad as I started to listen to the song because I was not adhering to the sacrifice. I then turned it off and went back to working in silence. I then came up with the great idea to just listen to an audio version of the Bible and figured that would be alright.  The man who was doing the voice over had the most eerie  voice I had ever heard. He was not making the experience pleasant, so I turned that off as well.  Back to silence I went. Now that I'm coming down to the last day of this, I'm really excited about being able to get back to the music tomorrow.

Tomorrow also marks a new sacrifice which is...dun dun dun dun.....social media and the internet!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!! So that means no facebook, no Instagram, no personal e-mail, no blogging, nada! I will be allowed to check work e-mail, but anything outside of that is off limits! Disconnecting myself from the internet (my favorite past time) and all social media will probably be good for me! I do spend a lot of time on all of my social networks or just surfing the web when I'm bored.  A new devotional book that I just ordered camed in the mail today and I recently signed up on my Bible app on my phone to do a "read the Bible in a year" plan.  I will have plenty of time on my hands to get some reading in and really connect with God without these distractions.  With that being said, I will post my Workout and Worship Wednesday segment today so that you guys will still be able to benefit from that even though I'll be away for the next 7 days! If you want to e-mail me about any questions regarding getting fit, clean eating, etc. go ahead and feel free to e-mail me and I'll get back to you next week! road2bfit@gmail.com


I also want to express how overjoyed I am with all of the support I got from my rededication to God and my baptism post!!! I have gotten the most hits to date from that post alone! That truly shows me that God is really working through me to bring people close to him! I mean out of all the things I post about, that one was the most popular!! I really do hope my journey through life and my testimony is reaching others and making people want to try God for their self! Thank you all for the support and the love!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment