Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Retail Therapy!!!

I've been doing my best not to do any shopping since I've started this weight loss journey, but it's sooooooooooo hard!!! Especially when the end of season sales are practically giving the clothes away for little to nothing!!

After telling myself that I would no longer do any shopping until I had reached my desired weight loss goals, I messed up and started following this blog of a girl who my Bih suggested I follow! Well thanks for the recommendation Bih, because this girl has awesome taste and the ones she features in her blog are super affordable!! Y'all know I love a good bargain (never pay full price)!! Any who, she mentioned a new line of clothing that was coming out at JC Penny and I was hooked!!! You can check her blog out here.

So one day after work, I had some time to spare and I just so happened to float on over to the mall and JC Penny had several racks of clothing on sale!! I'm talking $4 racks!! Yessssssss!! That's better than Good Will prices!! I'm talking I got 2 shirts, a skirt, 2 pair of running shorts, 2 pair of jammies (pj, pajamas...yeah that), and a jacket for....y'all ready for this.....$33.00!!!!!! Annnndddd what was even more exciting is that everything I bought was a size medium or a 10!!!! Woooohooooo!!!! I'm currently wearing a pair of pants that are a size 14 that used to fit me perfectly.  My shirt is a size large and I can see the little holes in it where I used to have to pin the blouse together so that my bra wouldn't show through the gaps in the button up due to me being really busty!!!

I told myself I would no longer purchase my current size and if I was sooooo inclined to buy anything, it'd have to be the next size down. Everything fit like a glove!! I wish I would have taken pictures in the dressing room or something to share these fabulous pieces with you all, but I didn't...booooo!!

Either way, I've been coveting some of the things that are featured on their spring line (new designers and so many bright colors), but I will refrain from buying anything else! I've gotten my fix for now and I'll try my best to only go shopping again unless it's truly necessary.  By the way, these purchases were necessary because my old running shorts are starting to fall off while I work out..#nobueno. My clothes have also gotten ridiculously big so I do need to start buying smaller pieces. 

I wanted to hit the gym after work, but I had a parent conference which caused the window of opportunity to hit the gym to be too slim before my next commitment for the evening. But please believe, after getting into those size medium running shorts, I will be making an extra effort to hit up a workout DVD when I get home tonight!! Now that it's out there, I'm holding myself accountable to doing it!

Until next time...thanks for reading!! *muah*

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout girl!!!!

    Krystal K.
    The Feisty House
    www.thefeistyhouse.com

    ReplyDelete