Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Workout and Worship Wednesday 3/6/13

Today's Workout and Worship Wednesday is inspired by a Bible verse I read this morning. I am currently doing a plan on the Bible app on my phone to read the whole Bible in one day! One of the passages from today's reading comes from Luke 5:27-39.  I wanted to focus more closely on verse 29-32 though. In the text, Jesus sees a man named Levi who is a tax collector and tells Levi to follow him. Levi agrees and hosts a big dinner at his home in Jesus' honor. At the dinner, Jesus is seated among many other tax collectors and other guests. Tax collectors back in Biblical times were viewed to be bad people. When the Pharisees see this, they question why a man like Jesus would have anything to do with these tax collectors and why is he sitting down to dinner with them? The Pharisees are outraged, appalled, shocked even! They say "why do you eat and drink with these tax collectors and other sinners?" Could you imagine the way this came out of their mouths?? Nose in the air, face scrunched...a look of disdain is written all over their faces. Jesus then says in verse 31 and 32 "healthy people don't need a doctor, but sick people do. I didn't come to invite good people to turn to God. I came to invite sinners"  That is such a powerful point right there!!! Some people believe you have to be wearing your holy halo in order to fellowship and come to God! They think that they are too bad, too sinful, too far gone to ever be accepted. That's not true! God loves you just as you are! Over time and with consistent fellowship, worship, and prayer, you will be transformed! Come as you are and give God a chance in your life! He loves you more than you'll ever know!!

Today's song comes from Tonex.  It's called Make Me Over. I looooove this song!!! Every time I listen to it, it truly ministers to my soul!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!! 

And today's workout comes from another great Pinterest find! A friend of mine pinned it and I loved it! It's a great workout to tone up those legs!! We have about 2 more weeks until spring and the legs will be out to be shown off!! I'm so excited for warmer weather that I can hardly contain myself!!! Leg Workout.

I'm signing off for now! I'll get back to you guys next week!! Have an awesome day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment